Wednesday, September 17

My Apologies....

I just read in the local paper here in Calgary, about a Brazilian student who was an innocent victim of a gang related shooting in the downtown area of the city.
There are no words to describe the feeling that is going through my mind and heart. I worked in a student exchange agency in Rio de Janeiro, and parents' minds were put at ease knowing that their sons and daughters would be safe while travelling abroad, especially to Canada, and particularly to Calgary.
Now those jerks known as the FOB's(Fresh Off the Boat) and the FOB Killers have shattered the peace not only for Calgarians, but for visitors to the city. If you ask me, if they are 'fresh off the boat', they can get right back on it and go back.
I am so sorry for what has happened to this anonymous Brazilian student. It breaks my heart to knnow that he will be permanently blinded by this unfortunate incident.
I am so sorry, and I would like to personally apologize on behalf of good Calgarians to this young man and his family. I am ashamed of the actions of these thugs that hurt him.
I hope that the Calgary Police Force will do their best to catch the perpetrators of this heinous crime and put them behind bars for a very long time.

No comments: