"Lets meet for coffee." It used to be "Lets meet for drinks", but with the stigma attached to alcohol lately,now when one meets someone for the first time , the venue of choice is the coffee shop.
I believe the type of coffee a man drinks is a good indication of the type of guy he is. There are hundreds of types of men, and hundreds of types of coffee, but I will narrow it down to the coffee drinking establishments found in Calgary.
1. Tim Horton Man (Homo Timmus Hortonus). Loves his hockey and usually drives a pickup truck. Will use the drive through. Also tends to be a good man to have around to fix things and help with heavy lifting.Exclusively Canadian.
2. Starbucks Man (Homo starbuckius). Usually has a Blackberry genetically attached to ear and has overdeveloped thumbs from texting. Barks out his order to the clueless barista for a skinny mochaccino between phone calls. Useful for organizing your finances or computer hard drive. Found on almost every corner all over the world.
3. Caffe Artigiano Man( Homo Artigianus). Originally from Vancouver but now has spread to Calgary. Perfectionist. Eye for detail. Demands and expects the best. Dresses in Italian suits and loafers, and has a tendency to engage in body hair removal(and expects you to do the same)Elusive yet romantic.
4. Caffe Beano Man (Homo Caffe Beanus) Artistic, creative. Uses Beano as his office and social apex, usually after his workout. Also known to write poetry and short stories while watching others around him. Found only in Calgary.
5. Second Cup Man (Homo Secondus Cuppus)Direct competition to the Homo Starbuckius. More down to earth yet still enjoys diversity in coffee without the haughty attitude. Found only in Canada.