Friday, June 26

One More Race...

On Wednesday night, I went to the annual Garden Party thrown by Brett Wilson here in Calgary. It was a wonderful warm Alberta summer evening and the philanthropic crowd of Calgary was out in full force. This years charity was my friend Norma's 777 Run for Sight. As I have mentioned in earlier posts, Norma is running 7 ultra marathons in 7 months on 7 continents to raise awareness and funds for people with visual disabilities. She has completed 6 of them and has one more to go in Switzerland.
I am not sure, but I believe that the Garden Party raised over 100k in donations for the charity. In this recession, its good to see that the pockets of the philanthropists in Calgary still runs deep.
One more race Norma, you are almost there!!!!!

1 comment:

brendaontheRun said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and love it!