Thursday, May 29

Football in Brazil..What is Your Team?



If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me what my team was, I would be up there with Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.
Being a fan for a certain team is a decision that will rule your life. Once chosen, one cannot change teams, as that would be akin to treachery and treason. I find this tribal obsession of being a fan of a certain team quite amuzing. For my children, they suffer from a dilemma. Their father is a fan of the Fluminense team (as the club is based out of the neighborhood where their father grew up)and their grandfather is a Flamengo fan. I, on the other hand, could care less. For me,in the moment that there are two teams on the field, I will chose who to cheer for at the opening whistle (usually based on how fab their uniforms look). I just like to watch a good game being played.
Brazil is due to play against Canada in a friendly match....now I am in a dilemma....

No comments: